Here at Tiger Pistol, we’re not just experts in social advertising- we’re also experts in delicious food. We’ve interviewed some of our in-house food connoisseurs to share some of their favorite eats. Whether you’re based in Austin, Texas or Melbourne, Australia, we’ve got some recommendations for where to satisfy your hunger.
- Amy Abell, Senior Social Specialist: Kemuri Tatsuya, “I mean, it’s a Japanese Izakaya with Texas influences – what’s better than that?”
- Chris Gephardt, Engineer: Full English, “They fry up traditional Full English breakfasts complete with proper British bangers, baked beans, tomatoes, and fried bread.”
- Nick Gibson, Director – Group Finance: Tumble 22, “best chicken sandwich”.
- Talia Wachtel, VP of Marketing: Kemuri Tatsuya, “I agree with Amy – hands down the best restaurant in Austin, closely followed by Loro. Also, if you’re looking for Avocado Toast – go to Irenes.”
- Patrick Koepke, Operations Manager: “Franklin BBQ leads the pack, but there are tons of great BBQ places within two hours of here. Uchiko for fancy tapas, Kura Sushi for sushi, and Mighty Fine for burgers.”
- Casey Zaffin, Director, Client Management: Bufalina, Ramen Tatsuya, Fukumoto, Dai Due, Dee Dee and Veracruz All Natural
- Marshall Weber, Social Specialist: Saps, “Saps is good thai. Plus, Sap himself is the man.”
- Mark Cram, Engineer: Tommy Want Wingy, “hands down best wings in town.”
- Joe Nathan, Director, Client Management: Jack Allen’s Kitchen, “They have a pretty amazing chicken fried pork chop that is probably about a billion calories and likely shaves 5 years off my life every time I eat it.”
- Ailie Pattten, Lead Social Specialist: Kisume, “Kisumé is relatively new to the Melbourne dining scene but don’t underestimate her… Trying to redefine high-end dining with something Melbourne hasn’t seen yet? It’s a tick from me!”
- Georgia Brown, Account Executive: “My fave restaurants are Red Door Windsor & Thirty Eight Chairs. If you’re wanting classic Melbourne bars, I recommend Naked for Satan & Jungle Boy.”
- Carly Layton, Account Executive: Transformer, “never knew what chickea panisse (with truffle salt) was but it’s amazing!”
- Chris Senior, Senior Client Manager: “Have to agree with Transformer, blown away by how tasty plant based dining was. Also mjolner, a viking themed restaurant that nails the food and viking experience.”
- Julia Greenhalf, Social Specialist: “I’m often late to the #hip #new #cool places party in Melb but had a brilliant experience at Garden State Hotel recently – the Canadian waitress made my night!”
- Jaime Nosworthy, General Manager: Supernormal, Tipo 00, DOC and Mammoth
Hopefully we’ve given you inspiration for your weekend adventures!